The following are our Terms of Service. The terms "Time Bank Indianapolis" and "Central Indiana Community TimeBank" are used interchangeably, and are to be considered the same legal entity for purposes of our Terms of Service. This version was approved by our Board on June 1, 2015 in the County of Marion, in the State of Indiana.
- I pledge not to reveal the contents of this site, nor any other documentation provided by Time Bank Indianapolis to non-participants or third parties, especially any personal information provided.
- I understand that I will receive messages from other members of Time Bank Indianapolis through this web site. Notification of such messages will be sent to the email address I have registered with. I also understand that I will receive newsletters, broadcasts and alerts for my Time Bank from my Coordinator(s) through this web site.
- I agree that if I use my personal vehicle in rendering volunteer service through Time Bank Indianapolis, I will, in accordance with Indiana law, arrange to keep in effect adequate and legal automobile liability insurance covering bodily injury and property damage.
- I certify that I am thirteen years or older.
- I may allow children younger than 13 to work and participate through my account and under my supervision, provided that I am their parent or legal guardian.
- I certify that the information given on this form is accurate to the best of my knowledge and that I consent to the release of all relevant information concerning my ability and fitness to work as a Time Bank Indianapolis participants.
Key Operating Principles
- I understand that Time Bank Indianapolis is a 501(c)(3) non-profit.
- I agree to abide by the guiding principles, guidelines and expectations provided by Time Bank USA and Time Bank Indianapolis for proper and courteous behavior.
- I pledge to proceed with good intent towards being of service to others in my community and treat others in the Time Bank with the respect and kindness.
- Completion of this online profile is only one step in the process of joining Time Bank Indianapolis.
- All participants are welcome to participate in committees, events and projects sponsored by Time Bank Indianapolis and are invited to attend any regular Board meetings.
- Any participant in Time Bank Indianapolis is eligible to participate on any committee, or be considered for election to the Board of Directors or Advisory Steering Team. Participants can bring proposals to the Board for action or decisions relating to the mission or business operations of the Corporation. The board encourages proposals or suggestions from any participant on how to connect with other allies or organizations.
- Dues are not required to participate in our operations, though participants are able to make donations at any time in support of our mission.
Use of References and Background Checks
- It is my responsibility to use the same caution I would in other circumstances to get to know a person, make reference checks, and use my instincts before engaging with another Time Bank participant - especially for unsupervised contact with finances or vulnerable people (youth, elderly, disabled) and driving.
- The decision to provide and receive services requiring unsupervised contact with finances or vulnerable people (youth, elderly, disabled), or driving, is the responsibility of the participants based on a relationship of trust, mutual support and respect.
- It is the individual responsibility of each person to meet and/or screen other participants offering services requiring unsupervised contact with finances or vulnerable people (youth, elderly, disabled) or driving.
- If you are offering this service you may be asked to provide your own background check to the requester. Time Bank Indianapolis does not do background checks on any of its participants.
- I understand that other participants may contact the references I have provided. Time Bank Indianapolis does not contact references of any of its participants.
- I understand that Time Bank Indianapolis has the right to refuse entry to and withdraw participation from any individual it deems to be a threat to another participants, regardless of the nature of that threat (physical, emotional, financial, or otherwise.)
Liability and any resulting Claims or Disputes: Use of Mediation
- I understand that the function of Time Bank Indianapolis is to facilitate the exchange of services within the community in the spirit of the core values of Time Banking. Any agreements shall be made solely by and between parties involved in this transaction, hereinafter referred to as "the Agreement.”
- Time Banks USA and Time Bank Indianapolis will not be held responsible and will not assume any liability for claims, damages, or any other consequences that may arise from the Agreement.
- I understand that Time Banks USA and Time Bank Indianapolis shall have neither liability nor responsibility to any person or entity with respect to loss, damage, or injury caused or alleged to be caused directly or indirectly by information contained on this web site or any other Time Bank resources.
- I hereby agree the duty, responsibility, and liability that is inherent with Time Bank exchanges shall remain as it would be if the parties were not part of any Time Bank.
- I agree to indemnify and hold harmless all parties who facilitate or participate in Time Bank exchanges.
- All claims and disputes arising under or relating to the Agreement are to be settled by binding arbitration in the state of Indiana or another location mutually agreeable to the parties. The arbitration shall be conducted on a confidential basis pursuant to the Commercial Arbitration Rules of the American Arbitration Association. Any decision or award as a result of any such arbitration proceeding shall be in writing and shall provide an explanation for all conclusions of law and fact and shall include the assessment of costs, expenses, and reasonable attorneys' fees. Any such arbitration shall be conducted by an experienced arbitrator and shall include a written record of the arbitration hearing. The parties reserve the right to object to any individual who shall be employed by or affiliated with a competing organization or entity. An award of arbitration may be confirmed in a court of competent jurisdiction.
Have fun, meet your neighbors, simplify your life, treat others as you would have them treat yourself, and get work done in exchange for your time spent helping others!